Originally posted August 25, 2006.
I’m going to start this dish tonight, and prepare it for tomorrow night’s dinner.
- 6 slices of firm sourdough bread (I am using my kefir bread, which is very sour — I have used my very sour kefir bread before, and the sour taste is somehow neutralized so that when it is served, it is not sour)
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 medium zucchini squash, sliced thin
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups (about 1/2 lb.) shredded cheddar cheese (or your choice but not too sharp)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
3) Sprinkle chiles over zucchini. 4) Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly brown & puffed. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Until next time.